Director of Development
Partners In Care is seeking a new Director of Development to lead our fundraising efforts for our amazing programs.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, managing, and executing the fund development and grant writing functions of Partners In Care. The Director works closely with the management team, board members, volunteers, and staff to create a culture of philanthropy within the organization, resulting in increased revenue to the operation.
In this important role – you will:
- In coordination with the CEO, develop an annual strategic fundraising plan based on the organization's mission, vision, and long-term strategic plan.
- Implement strategies to enhance Partners In Care fundraising program both quantitatively and qualitatively with associated metrics to measure effectiveness of specific strategies and overall performance.
- In partnership with the CEO, identify, cultivate, and solicit major and planned gifts of $5000 and above. Lead staff and volunteers in developing and managing relationships that support and increase the number of individual donors and gifts. Actively manage and monitor a donor prospect portfolio.
- Provide direction and oversight for the annual giving program. Create strategies for enhancing memorial giving, events, grants, and special appeals. Manage high level relationships with all potential funders including corporations, foundations, and high net worth individuals.
- Identify, define, and develop funding sources to support existing and planned program activities as well as lead the development, writing and submission of grant proposals to federal, state, and private funding agencies.
- Educate and inform the public about our philanthropic and program activities and the impact of gifts on the lives of our citizens in the communities in which we serve. Represent Partners In Care in public presentations as requested.
- Identify programs and activities with fundraising and/or strategic marketing potential and lead the organization in developing innovative and appropriate initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum of five (5) years of successful experience managing a development program.
- Record of successful career growth leading to significant management responsibilities in a nonprofit organization.
- High level of organizational sophistication, nonprofit business savvy, communications skills, and relationship/negotiation skills.